Specializing in children's, family, engagements, &
high school senior portraits.

If you're interested in booking a session please
contact:
jen@jenrinaldiphotography.com

Website: http://jenrinaldiphotography.com/

For Portrait Session Pricing Click *HERE*

For Session Dates Available Click *HERE*

Monday, January 21, 2008

More of Abandoned New Jersey

I'm still catching up on the editing... This time I was working on photos of an abandoned warehouse I noticed on a photo hunt with my sister back on August 5, 2007. I have been wanting to edit this shoot for a long time but never got to it.

I don't know how I seem to find places like this but I do and I'm always drawn to them. For some reason I love old, abandoned buildings, structures, barns, ets...I guess there is something about the cracks in the windows, the curiosity behind the former use...being able to peek inside to see what was left behind...the disrepair...all of that intrigues me. On the other hand sometimes it can be a little creepy!!! Although creepy can be interesting in a strange way too! If you looked at a lot of my photos on my website you'd think that New Jesey seems to be full of abandoned buildings, barns, etc...or maybe I just seem to find all of the ones that are!

For the photos below of the series I chose to apply a few different Photoshop actions to some of them and I'm really liking the results. You know the feeling you get when you look at your final work and you're completely satisfied? It doesn't happen often for me but that's the feeling I had when I was done editing this series. The results really portray what I was aiming for in my eyes.

I got to thinking about the fact that I'm happy that I ended up being delayed (for months) on editing these. If had I edited them back in August I would not have had the Photoshop actions (that I have as of today) so the post-processing might not have provided me with the satisfaction I got from what I did below.

So, I guess in this case I can say that sometimes good things come to those who wait. :)



















I took this shot at the warehouse pictured above...I liked the DOF and even though it has a different feel than the rest I wanted to include it with the series...



To view more of my gallery that includes Barns, Churches, Abandoned Structures, and photos with a Rural Feel click here: http://jenweaverphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3228604/1/245598776

No comments:

All images on this website © Jen Rinaldi Photography. All Rights Reserved. Images may not be copied or reproduced without written consent from Jen Rinaldi Photography.