Specializing in children's, family, engagements, &
high school senior portraits.

If you're interested in booking a session please
contact:
jen@jenrinaldiphotography.com

Website: http://jenrinaldiphotography.com/

For Portrait Session Pricing Click *HERE*

For Session Dates Available Click *HERE*

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Photobooks/The World's Largest Lightbulb...I'm not kidding! It's is!

These photos you'll see below were taken back on July 21, 2007. This weekend I concentrated on catching up on 2007!

My goal is to make my own "Best of 2007" hard-bound book of my favorite works. In order to start creating the book I need to edit all of my 2007 photos so I can see what I'm working with and decide what I want to feature.

To create the book I'm going to be using BOOKSMART that works in conjuction with my smugmug account once I downloaded BLURB Booksmart's software.

Pricing can be found here: http://www.blurb.com/book/pricing

An article about the company found here in WIRED: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2006/08/71683



Now on to the photos...here is something I bet you've never seen before...

It's the World's Largest Lightbulb!


Edison - Menlo Park, New Jersey

The Thomas Edison Memorial Tower and Menlo Park Museum was built in 1937 to mark the "Birthplace of Recorded Sound" in the Menlo Park section of what is now the town of Edison, NJ. The World's Largest Light Bulb is thirteen feet tall, weighs eight tons, and is illuminated at night. The tower marks the spot where Edison invented the light bulb (Henry Ford stole the actual workshop and bottled Edison's Last Breath). The museum curator, Jack Stanley, entertained with amazing tales of Edison and his competitors, but said the Last Breath thing was a bunch of hooey.

Inside the tower's base is a "highly exhausted" light bulb that's been burning since 1929

As seen on RoadsideAmerica.com: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/sights/sigh...AttrId=%3D11143











I toured the museum, it was quite crowded with people on a Saturday afternoon. I listened to the curator, Jack Stanley, for a little bit and then snuck out to snap some the shots above. You'll notice in the 1st shot that there is a metal chainlink fence around the monument...it's actually under repair so I didn't get to go inside like I had hoped (there's always next time I go by). While I was in the museum I learned that they just got the final grant to restore the tower which was in disrepair.





Here is a few videos that I found on YouTube of the Edison Museum Curator - Jack Stanley... just in case you'd like to hear what I heard when I went there...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How interesting! I've been working on condensing my blog into a book also. I originally was going to "slurp" my entire blog but it was too large. So I'm going through month by month and selecting highlights -- photos, events, favorite entries, etc. I guess "great minds think alike!" :) Sue

All images on this website © Jen Rinaldi Photography. All Rights Reserved. Images may not be copied or reproduced without written consent from Jen Rinaldi Photography.